Marketers have known for years that Instagram is a great tool for driving awareness, traffic and conversions. But two recently released stats should get them even more excited about the platform as they develop their Instagram strategy for Q4 and the holiday season:
- 800 million: Number of active monthly Instagram users
- 72%: Percentage of users who have made fashion, beauty or style-related purchases after seeing a product on Instagram.
The first stat came from an Instagram announcement in late September. The company also announced that the platform has reached 500 million active daily users and added 100 million monthly users since April. Instagram also said there are 2 million advertisers on the platform, up from 1 million in March — largely the result of a growing number of SMBs adopting the platform.
“Despite the social network’s huge user population, its growth isn’t slowing down, putting it on a path to potentially catch up to parent network Facebook’s user number down the road,” said TechCrunch.
The second stat is even more compelling, since nearly three-quarters (72%) of Instagram users say they’ve purchased a fashion, beauty or style item after seeing it on Instagram. (The most-purchased categories were clothing, makeup, shoes and jewelry.) It shows that Instagram is not only the go-to place for sharing photos, it’s a major driver of purchase decisions.
“Whether or not Instagram is the chosen path for retailers looking to reach their consumers via mobile, a convincing mobile strategy will still be important for those trying to appeal to the younger generations — and increasingly the older generations — whether that’s during the back-to-school season or any future holidays,” said Retail Dive.
Is your Instagram strategy ready for Q4 and the holiday season? Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What are your objectives for Instagram? Build brand awareness? Drive traffic to your e-commerce site? Sell products?
- Are you using analytics to determine which visual content performs best on the platform?
- Have you made your Instagram account shoppable?
- Have you developed a hashtag to encourage fans and customers to share imagery?
- Are you repurposing that user-generated content not only on Instagram but in places like email or shoppable on-site galleries?
- Are you using Instagram Stories to promote giveaways, feature behind-the-scenes footage or sell products with the “swipe up” feature?
- Do you work with Instagram influencers to showcase your products to larger, more engaged audiences?
- Have you integrated with a payment tool like Amazon Pay to shorten the distance between discovery and purchase?
If any of those questions stumped you, it’s time to consider Curalate. Not only was Curalate the first solution to bring shopping to Instagram, we’ve got advanced analytics to help you determine which posts perform best. We also offer solutions to help gather and manage UGC, find Instagram influencers and make checkout a snap.
On average, our clients achieve: 79% increases in time-on-site, 16% jumps in average order value and 31% increases in conversion rate.
What can Curalate do for your business? Contact us to find out.